Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Hello everyone. I'm Paul Lynch (no picture, sorry). I am from Limerick in Ireland and I live now in a little village called Ingå, 60km west of Helsinki with my wife who is a Homeopath and 6 months pregnant, little 5 year old girl Milla (who everyone knows there at Cultivate), and our 18 month old boy Isak. I helped to organize the first Junior Convergence a few years back and that was a lot fun. We left Ireland shortly after to return to Finland where we find life a little bit calmer, and easier to live with children. Since moving back we have built our own house ( as sustainably as we could) and I am now just about to open my own daycare school based on the small school system. The curriculum willl be based mainly on teaching the children respect for the environment and of course each other. We will be using as mush organic materials, food etc. as we can and spending a lot of time in the amazing forest surroundings here in Finland. I am a qualified kindergarden teacher and also work in my spare time on different building projects. I tried to use as much sustainable materials as possible and have studied and used a lot of these materials when building our own home. I have one real big belief, and that is that your health is your wealth, meaning that if you are going to live a sustainable life then you have to begin with yourself, your body, mind, and soul. Keep these well and healthy and the rest just takes care of itself. Thanks Now let the discussions begin! Paul

1 comment:

Nic said...

Hei Paul! Nice to hear from you! I'm very happy you're in: it is good to have loads of people from several country here.. and with different expertise! It must be amazing to work with kids in those places! I've been volunteering in scout association in italy since last year. I decided to do that cause I found my experience as a boy-scout had been basic for me. It is very important to create community trought the wild life.. to conceive yourself just as a small part of a big picture.. the mountains, the woods, the rain, the sun.. the solidarity that you build overcoming troubles together is huge.. My best friends are still there, I swear!
Good luck Paul, and good luck with your family as well (which must be pretty challenging too!!)
:)